Work with us! Gynuity Health Projects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Program Research Coordinator (Full-time)
- Commensurate with experience and training; excellent benefits
Gynuity Health Projects is seeking an early career professional who is supportive of reproductive choice and interested in strengthening access to abortion and maternal care to join our nimble team and fast-paced workplace. The ideal candidate is interested in research and generating evidence as a platform for policy and practice change, and is eager to roll up sleeves to get involved with several projects in different phases of the research, dissemination and advocacy processes.
Position location: New York metro area (Note: Due to the ongoing pandemic, staff currently work some days in the office and other days from home.)
Position duration: 1 year with possibility for extension; this is a full-time position.
Gynuity Health Projects (www.gynuity.org) is a non-profit organization that envisions a world in which each individual has access to safe and effective reproductive and maternal health care—delivered where, when, and how needed. We develop strategic partnerships, generate scientific, clinical and programmatic evidence in reproductive and maternal health, and advocate for its use on local, national and global levels to support changes in clinical practice and assure that people around the world benefit from medical and scientific advancement. Gynuity Health Projects is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
- Collaborate on research design and development of protocols for studies
- Assist with implementation of studies, including site trainings
- Prepare study instruments and instruction manuals
- Assist with development of study budgets
- Monitor studies for conformance with protocol, maintenance of GCP standards and research ethics; assure quality of data collected
- Help with data management and analysis
- Plan/support logistics of project meetings and other Gynuity convenings
- Prepare informational materials
- Organize, analyze, interpret, and present data for Gynuity studies
- Build and maintain relationships with research collaborators
- Assist in drafting donor reports and other communications
- Represent Gynuity in working groups and national/international gatherings
- Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally)
- Assist with other activities and duties as assigned
- MPH or Master’s Degree in related field and at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience overseeing field work (domestic or international)
- Proven ability to carry out research tasks
- Experience with quantitative methods and relevant software, such as SPSS or Stata; experience in qualitative methods would be a plus
- Ability to think critically and analytically, gather and synthesize large amount of information and quickly manage new subject areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
- High level of organization and time management
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to sexual and reproductive rights and justice and racial justice and equity
- Experience with research involving human subjects and ethical approval processes desirable
- Spanish, French and/or Russian language capability a preferred asset
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter with salary requirements to:
Please note that ONLY qualified applicants will be contacted.