Work with us! Gynuity Health Projects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
- Part-time: 60% - 80% time, negotiable; based in New York City, work in-person; schedule is negotiable within regular business hours. Pro-rated for negotiated part time, based on full-time annual salary range $40,000-$48,000, plus a generous benefits package.
Gynuity Health Projects is seeking a proactive, flexible, and motivated individual to provide administrative support to Gynuity staff and ensure that the office runs professionally and efficiently. This staff member is responsible for the coordination of office support services. The selected candidate must be able to collaborate with in-office staff, as well as remote staff and vendors.
- Perform receptionist functions: answer and transfer phones calls, greet visitors, manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain office equipment and furnishings and the appearance of the office
- Coordinate with external Information Technology (IT) company on routine maintenance and resolution of computer and network problems
- Communicate with vendors (phone, internet, etc.) on as needed basis to ensure appropriate services and resolve problems
- Communicate with the building management to address facilities and maintenance issues; keep up with notifications and requirements; arrange for visitor’s passes
- Organize staff meetings and special events
- Manage inventory of office and kitchen supplies and order new supplies as needed
- Provide administrative support to the President as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in similar position
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible, solution-oriented, resourceful with ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, manage projects, prioritize, and perform a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision and maximum efficiency
- Technology-savvy for efficient communication with external IT services
- A team player with a collaborative, professional attitude and a commitment to the goals of the organization.
Gynuity Health Projects (www.gynuity.org) is a non-profit organization that envisions a world in which each individual has access to safe and effective reproductive and maternal health care. We develop clinical and programmatic evidence in reproductive and maternal health, and advocate for its use on local, national and global levels to support changes in clinical practice so that people around the world can benefit from medical and scientific advances. Gynuity Health Projects is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Please note that ONLY qualified applicants will be contacted.